- Performs application engineering tasks on assigned projects.
- Solicits requests for quotation (RFQs), gathers information on RFQs, develops conceptual solutions on paper, researches devices and costs for applications and estimates prices of projects.
- Clarifies specifications and provides necessary support during offering phase.
- Responsible for quality of all works done for assigned projects — including final reviews, progress assessments, scope review and concept review.
- Assure completion of costing, concepts, proposals and necessary technical write-up and other deliverables in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Present concepts and solutions at internal and corporate review meetings and with customer.
- To lead project kick-off meeting and ensure all technical, conceptual and costing information are passed on to the project team.
- Performs cost engineering tasks when needed and support department members on such tasks
- Save all project related costing information e.g. quotation, emails from vendor in the project folder
- Clarify price offering from supplier and split price input into system, transportation, packing, training and other price categories.
- Able to work under tight schedule to complete the proposal on time.
- Other Duties as assigned from time to time by the Application Engineering Manager or General Manager.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Factory Automation Industry, preferably with custom made automated machine/tool/fixture.
- Hands on experience in application engineering and design of customised automated equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in equipment costing.
- Good knowledge in standard parts e.g. Siemens, Festo, SMS, Keyence, Omron, Bosch, THK, Misumi, etc.
- Good computer skills; able to create spreadsheets and perform word processing.
- Has record of project achievements and technology development.
- Strong CAD capability (Solid Works, Inventor), drafting and sketching talent.
BBS Automation Inside
Philosophie & Vorteile